This process is not to be taken lightly. The nature of this work is that it shakes things up. About 1⁄4 of participants experience an ineffable sense of divine bliss and love. Another 1⁄4 experience facing and/or processing their emotional blockages or shadow. And the remaining experience both the darkness and the light.
5-MeO-DMT is NOT COMPATIBLE with SSRIs (some antidepressants) or MAOIs (like Syrian rue, Peganum harmala, or the ayahuasca vine, B anisteriopsis caapi.
Read more here:
Combining 5-MeO-DMT with either of these can induce serotonin shock syndrome where the 5- MeO-DMT molecule is trapped on the serotonin receptor site for longer than normal causing hyperactivation of serotnergic neurons and hypertensive crisis with seizures, fever, and rapid heart rate.
Each antidepressant has a different half life so you have to look up the half life online and then multiply it by 4 (or 5 to be on the safe side) to determine when it is out of your system. Please do not taper off your prescriptions without the supervision of a qualified psychiatrist.
If you are taking any stimulants, like Adderall, please don't use them the day of (or for added measure, a day or two before) because it may cause anxiety during the experience. It is also not recommended to be on antibiotics when you do 5-MeO-DMT.
People who have experienced head injuries or seizures should refrain from using this medicine. There have been some isolated cases where persons with these conditions did not return to baseline properly and continued to feel activated for months to years.
Psychedelic use does not have a link to psychosis. However, if you have a family history of Schizophrenia or psychotic breaks, please consider refraining from any psychedelic use until after age 25 or so when typical onset prevalence tapers off. Psychedelics are powerful and can activate or exacerbate already pre-existing conditions like these.
Avoid any psychoactive substances in the following weeks. Caffeine and nicotine seem to be okay but cannabis, psychedelics, and even alcohol can be reactivating, which may or may not be desired.
When commencing psychedelic use, reduce your dosing because 5-MeO-DMT opens the neural pathways and will create a much stronger effect. If reactivation is desired, taking melatonin can be effective because it is a hypothesized to be a precursor for endogenous 5-MeO-DMT production. About 20% of people will experience some minor reactivation in their sleep because that is when endogenous 5-MeO-DMT seems to be released. Most people find this a very pleasant experience but if it is affecting your sleep patterns in a negative way, please contact me and we can arm you with some tools.
If you feel like you are feeling too activated, try doing grounding activities:
• Find a safe space and company to continue to process somatically
• Move, dance, flow, vocalize - give the energy a way to express itself
• Baths or immersing in water
• Eating grounding, heavy or fatty foods, or root vegetables
• Nature walks and grounding bare feet into the earth, lying on the earth
• Slow steady deep breaths
• Kundalini yoga can help channel the energy into the proper channels
• Acupuncture and massages can distribute stuck energy
• The Toad and the Jaguar: A Field Report of Underground Research on a Visionary Medicine: Bufo Alvarius And 5-Methoxy-dimethyltryptamine , by Dr. Ralph Metzner
• Tryptamine Palace: 5-MeO-DMT and the Sonoran Desert Toad by James Oroc
• The Entheological Paradigm: Essays on the DMT and 5-MeO-DMT Experience and the
Meaning of it all , by Dr. Martin Ball
• The Toad Of Dawn by Dr. Octavio Rettig Hinojosa https://vimeo.com/140204724
• The God Molecule by Dr. Gerardo Ruben Sandoval
• General information http://www.dmtsite.com/
• Descriptions of experience: http://www.dmtsite.com/5-meo-dmt/experience/descriptions.html
• Reference Source: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT
• “Hal Lucius” from MAPS Psychedelic Conference - lead officiant of T.O.A.D. (Temple of Awakening Divinity) 27min http://in-a-perfect-world.podomatic.com/entry/2010-12-23T03_55_22-08_00
• Tim Ferris - Dr. Martin Polanco and Dr. Dan Engel discussing Ibogaine and 5-Meo-DMT as therapies 5-Meo-DMT portion begins at time marker - @ 54:48 http://fourhourworkweek.com/2015/09/14/are-psychedelic-drugs-the-next-medical-
• Dr. Martin Ball and Dr. Ralph Metzner. Interview discussion with psychiatrist Dr. Ralph Metzner’s book, The Toad and the Jaguar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q0oq90YJuc
• VICE investigation with Dr. Octavio Retting - Physician and Mexican Toad Shaman (21 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOFSX6nezEY
• Joe Rogan discussing 5-Meo-DMT versus DMT (N,N DMT) (12 min) 5-MeO portion begins at ~ 6 min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BuDkE_g_Q